The decade of the 1930’s was an era of large government building projects. Many undertaken to counter the economic hardships of the Great Depression. The 1930’s also saw the population and industrial development in the North Santiam Canyon finally reach levels that would economically justify a flood control project. So the Detroit Dam complex, which includes […]
Tag Archives | dams
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- NSWC 7/2017 to 6/2018 Annual Report January 27, 2020
- ECONorthwest Report: Economic Importance of Water in the North Santiam February 4, 2019
- NSWC Annual Report January 18, 2018
- Council Receives Salem’s River 2 Ridges Ripple Effect Award September 17, 2017
- Grant Awarded for Bear Branch Project June 5, 2017
Monthly Council Meeting Location
Our next North Santiam Watershed Council meeting will be held Thursday, March 12, 2020 from 6 to 8 pm at the Stayton Community Center: 400 W. Virginia Street, Stayton, OR 97338. All are welcome!