The decade of the 1930’s was an era of large government building projects. Many undertaken to counter the economic hardships of the Great Depression. The 1930’s also saw the population and industrial development in the North Santiam Canyon finally reach levels that would economically justify a flood control project. So the Detroit Dam complex, which includes […]
Tag Archives | dams
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- Grant Awarded for Bear Branch Project June 5, 2017
- 2016–2017 North Santiam Stream Restoration Campaign January 25, 2017
- 2015–2016 NSWC Annual Report January 12, 2017
- Willamette Valley Ground Water Study –Free Testing January 5, 2017
- SOLVE CLEAN UP — SEPTEMBER 24, 2016 August 16, 2016
Monthly Council Meeting Location
The North Santiam Watershed Council meetings are held at the Stayton Community Center at 400 West Virginia Street, Stayton, OR on the second Thursday of every month except for December. Meetings begin at 6:00 pm. Our next council meeting will be Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 6:00 pm. All are welcome!