The strip of land beside your stream is a great place to plant trees. First of all, the 20 feet or so directly beside the stream probably isn’t practical to use for most other purposes. Second, the banks are too steep. Third, there will probably be seasonal flooding. Besides, a forested buffer zone along […]
Tag Archives | tree planting
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- Grant Awarded for Bear Branch Project June 5, 2017
- 2016–2017 North Santiam Stream Restoration Campaign January 25, 2017
- 2015–2016 NSWC Annual Report January 12, 2017
- Willamette Valley Ground Water Study –Free Testing January 5, 2017
- SOLVE CLEAN UP — SEPTEMBER 24, 2016 August 16, 2016
Monthly Council Meeting Location
The North Santiam Watershed Council meetings are held at the Stayton Community Center at 400 West Virginia Street, Stayton, OR on the second Thursday of every month except for December. Meetings begin at 6:00 pm. Our next council meeting will be Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 6:00 pm. All are welcome!