The strip of land beside your stream is a great place to plant trees. First of all, the 20 feet or so directly beside the stream probably isn’t practical to use for most other purposes. Second, the banks are too steep. Third, there will probably be seasonal flooding. Besides, a forested buffer zone along […]
Tag Archives | tree planting
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- Save the Date! May 15, 2019 North Santiam Basin Summit February 27, 2019
- ECONorthwest Report: Economic Importance of Water in the North Santiam February 4, 2019
- NSWC Annual Report January 18, 2018
- Council Receives Salem’s River 2 Ridges Ripple Effect Award September 17, 2017
- Grant Awarded for Bear Branch Project June 5, 2017
Monthly Council Meeting Location
Our next North Santiam Watershed Council meeting will be held Thursday, April 11, 2019 from 6 to 8 pm at the Stayton Community Center: 400 W. Virginia Street, Stayton, OR 97338. All are welcome!