The strip of land beside your stream is a great place to plant trees. First of all, the 20 feet or so directly beside the stream probably isn’t practical to use for most other purposes. Second, the banks are too steep. Third, there will probably be seasonal flooding. Besides, a forested buffer zone along […]
Tag Archives | tree planting
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- Restoration Project Coordinator Position March 9, 2018
- NSWC Annual Report January 18, 2018
- Council Receives Salem’s River 2 Ridges Ripple Effect Award September 17, 2017
- Grant Awarded for Bear Branch Project June 5, 2017
- 2016–2017 North Santiam Stream Restoration Campaign January 25, 2017
Monthly Council Meeting Location
Our next North Santiam Watershed Council meeting will be Thursday, April 12, 2018 from 6 to 8pm. Important: April Meeting will be held at the Stayton Public Library: 515 N First Ave, Stayton, OR 97383. All are welcome!