The waters of the North Santiam begin their journey on the snowy slopes of Mount Jefferson. Nearly ninety miles later they join the South Santiam. Along its journey the river flows past forest and farm, field and city. Its flow is interrupted by high wall dams and and diverted for irrigation, municipal use and even […]
Tag Archives | watershed facts
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- Save the Date! May 15, 2019 North Santiam Basin Summit February 27, 2019
- ECONorthwest Report: Economic Importance of Water in the North Santiam February 4, 2019
- NSWC Annual Report January 18, 2018
- Council Receives Salem’s River 2 Ridges Ripple Effect Award September 17, 2017
- Grant Awarded for Bear Branch Project June 5, 2017
Monthly Council Meeting Location
Our next North Santiam Watershed Council meeting will be held Thursday, April 11, 2019 from 6 to 8 pm at the Stayton Community Center: 400 W. Virginia Street, Stayton, OR 97338. All are welcome!