Ankeny National Wildlife Refuge is part of the Santiam River watershed, lying just below the confluence where the North and South Santiam rivers join. It encompasses about 2,800 acres of flat to gently rolling land near the confluence of the Willamette and Santiam rivers south of Salem, Oregon. Ankeny Refuge was created to provide vital […]
Tag Archives | wildlife
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- 2016–2017 NSWC Annual Report January 18, 2018
- Council Receives Salem’s River 2 Ridges Ripple Effect Award September 17, 2017
- Grant Awarded for Bear Branch Project June 5, 2017
- 2016–2017 North Santiam Stream Restoration Campaign January 25, 2017
- 2015–2016 NSWC Annual Report January 12, 2017
Monthly Council Meeting Location
The North Santiam Watershed Council meetings are held at the Stayton Community Center at 400 West Virginia Street, Stayton, OR on the second Thursday of every month except for December. Meetings begin at 6:00 pm. Our next council meeting will be Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 6:00 pm. All are welcome!