Young winter steelhead fry, freshly hatched in the cold waters of the the North Santiam River, face a long and harrowing journey that takes them to the sea and back. In spring through early summer of their second year, steelhead smolts from the North Santiam River enter the sea and move directly offshore. Beyond that, very […]
Tag Archives | winter steelhead
As winter gives way to the cold rains of spring in the North Santiam Canyon, newly hatched steelhead fry begin to wriggle their way to the surface of their gravel nest. In the cold waters of a tributary stream above the North Santiam River, their stream, they face a long and harrowing journey that will […]
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- FREE PESTICIDE & CONTAINER COLLECTION EVENT April 15, 2015
- Save the Date: North Santiam Basin Summit April 5, 2015
- A Real Partnership to Protect an Oregon Gem, the North Santiam River April 4, 2015
- Working Together to Improve Our Local Streams March 7, 2015
- Raleigh Hills Boy Scout Troop Helps Camp Taloali February 5, 2015
Monthly Council Meeting Location
The North Santiam Watershed Council meetings are held at the Stayton Community Center at 400 West Virginia Street, Stayton, OR on the second Thursday of every month except July and August. Meetings begin at 6:00 pm.
Our next council meeting will be Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 6:00 pm.
All are welcome!