Young winter steelhead fry, freshly hatched in the cold waters of the the North Santiam River, face a long and harrowing journey that takes them to the sea and back. In spring through early summer of their second year, steelhead smolts from the North Santiam River enter the sea and move directly offshore. Beyond that, very […]
Tag Archives | winter steelhead
As winter gives way to the cold rains of spring in the North Santiam Canyon, newly hatched steelhead fry begin to wriggle their way to the surface of their gravel nest. In the cold waters of a tributary stream above the North Santiam River, their stream, they face a long and harrowing journey that will […]
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- Second Annual Detroit Lake Shoreline & Riverside Cleanup Event Photos September 27, 2015
- Survey: Lower Breitenbush Hot Springs August 26, 2015
- North Santiam Watershed Council Biennial Report (2013 through 2015) July 24, 2015
- STOUT CREEK SNORKEL AND FISH TRAP SURVEY RESULTS June 6, 2015
- Pacific NW Agroforestry Practices Workshop *July 8, 2015 June 6, 2015
Monthly Council Meeting Location
The North Santiam Watershed Council meetings are held at the Stayton Community Center at 400 West Virginia Street, Stayton, OR on the second Thursday of every month except July and August. Meetings begin at 6:00 pm.
Our next council meeting will be Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 6:00 pm. The October 2015 meeting will be held at the Stayton Middle School, 1021 Shaff Rd, Stayton.
All are welcome!