Young winter steelhead fry, freshly hatched in the cold waters of the the North Santiam River, face a long and harrowing journey that takes them to the sea and back. In spring through early summer of their second year, steelhead smolts from the North Santiam River enter the sea and move directly offshore. Beyond that, very […]
Tag Archives | winter steelhead
As winter gives way to the cold rains of spring in the North Santiam Canyon, newly hatched steelhead fry begin to wriggle their way to the surface of their gravel nest. In the cold waters of a tributary stream above the North Santiam River, their stream, they face a long and harrowing journey that will […]
Subscribe to eUpdate
Join our email list to learn about upcoming meetings and events, and learn about watershed council activities!
- City of Gates News Release October 24, 2014
- First Annual Detroit Lake Shoreline & Riverside Clean-Up Event: Photos September 29, 2014
- Detroit Lake Shoreline & Riverside Clean-Up September 25, 2014
- Upcoming Public Meetings: Willamette National Forest Road Management Discussions August 23, 2014
- NSWC Request for Proposals July 30, 2014
Monthly Council Meeting Location
North Santiam Watershed Council meetings are held at the Stayton Community Center at 400 West Virginia Street, Stayton, OR on the second Thursday of every month except July and August. Meetings begin at 7:00 pm.
Our next council meeting will be Thursday, November 13th, 2014 at 7:00 pm.
View North Santiam Watershed Council Meetings in a larger map